Professional Quality Artex Remover
An Artex Removal Product that converts artex to an easily removed gel. Traps any asbestos that might be in the artex and stops it getting into the environment. Durostrip Artex Remover will not "wet" the underlying plaster, which minimises the risk of damaging the plaster when removing the softened artex.
- Safely converts Artex into an easy to scrape off gel (can be used on artex that contains asbestos)
- Low evaporation rate so does not "dry out" quickly
- Thixotropic (thickened) solution clings to vertical surfaces - suitable for walls and ceilings
- Non toxic, non flammable, non corrosive
Instructions for Removing Artex
Apply generously over the Artexed areas with a brush.
Leave until Artex has completely softened (This can take several hours depending upon ambient temperature and thickness of Artex)
Remove softened Artex with a scraper.
Repeat process as necessary.
NOTE: If the Artex is heavily painted, it is advisable to remove the paint first with Biostrip PLUS prior to using Artex Remover.
Allow to dry thoroughly before refinishing.
500g will cover up to 2-3 sq metres.
Durostrip Artex Remover is suitable for use on walls and ceilings
TIP: Let Durostrip do the work, cover the treated surfaces with cheap polythene dust sheets, to prevent drying out, and leave over night.
NOTE: Although this product is effective at softening artex, by its very nature artex removal is a fairly physical job. This should be taken into consideration before starting any project of this type.
- Product Review
Customer Reviews 9 item(s)
- Great product.
- Just tried this out. Really happy with the results.
- An easy fix
- I had a leak a year ago that left a patch of artex looking really nasty. I brought a small pot of this stuff and it got it off really easy. I then just patched it with some filler and painted it again. Looks a lot nicer now.
- Very good
- We get through a lot of Artex removal as part of our asbestos removal services. Have used a number of alternative softeners and strippers over the years. This one is very good.
- Very pleased with my purchase
- Good delivery, Good service, Good product did what I wanted it to and I would recommend it to anyone.
- Easier than I thought
- I had a patch of artex under the stairs that was really irritating me and with a spare weekend coming up I ordered the product. I didn't know what to expect, but when I opened the tub it was a clear slightly sticky liquid. I painted it on and then left it. Came back the next day and it just scraped off. I used a scraper and a brush to get it all off. Satisfied and looking for my next job, this was easier than expected
- Works well
- I had used the paint stripper before on a couple of jobs and it worked well. This product didn't disappoint
- Did the job
- I didn't know what to use for artex until I looked on the internet and found a confusing array of options. Having used paint stripper before this looked the easy choice I didn't fancy steaming it off. did the job, I bought 5 Litres and it did my ceiling
- Good call
- Great delivery reasonable price and a product that works. Good call.
- Good product easy to use.
- Worked really well. Painted it on my ceiling. Left it a few hours came back and it scraped off. Simple as that. Would use again.
Write Your Own Review